[Bro] A little more confusion with Intel

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Thu Feb 1 19:52:57 PST 2018

On 1 Feb 2018, at 14:34, Jan Grashöfer wrote:

> But actually, we want to match against "yahoo.co.uk". Maybe one could
> call that the 'effective SLD/2LD'. So in case of changing, I would
> tend to use Intel::EFFECTIVE_SLD. However, to me this seems a bit
> counter intuitive.

Hah!  You're exactly right and apparently I didn't think deeply enough
when I was writing my email too.  I think EFFECTIVE_DOMAIN is better and
it matches the function being called in the domain-tld package.  It's
been quite a while since I looked at that.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com