[Bro] A little more confusion with Intel

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Sat Feb 3 19:53:06 PST 2018

On 2 Feb 2018, at 13:57, Vern Paxson wrote:

>> I think EFFECTIVE_DOMAIN is better and
>> it matches the function being called in the domain-tld package.
>
> FWIW, sometimes the term "registered domain" is used for this.

Ah, I hadn't heard of that before but that does seem like a much more
obvious name.  The "effective tld" thing was derived from it's usage at
Mozilla for some Firefox stuff and I repurposed it for effective domain,
but I do like registered domain better.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com