[Bro] How to get generated specific log files under DEFAULT path (e.g. notice.log)

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Fri Jan 26 09:41:08 PST 2018

Hi,

did you randomly already find a solution for this in the meantime? Just
from reading over this, I am a bit at a loss for why this would happen.

Basically - the on-disk-files are created the first time that something is
written into then. So - it is normal that a notice.log might not show up
immediately. However, it should show up after you call NOTICE.

It is a bit weird that it would work after you put a full path into
notice/main - I am not sure why this would change anything.

How exactly did you try to generate your test notice? Note that if you are
using cluster mode, a NOTICE in bro_init() will probably not show up in
notice.log due to the fact that the logging connections are not set up yet
when it is raised.

Also - what Bro version are you using?

Johanna