[Bro] Bro-2.5.2 and PF_RING 6.7 not load balancing properly

Benjamin Wood ben.bt.wood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 07:49:11 PST 2018

The default load balancing for bro pf_ring is to use 4-tuple.
If you have a lot of asymmetric traffic (hot IP/port combo like a syslog or
something), you'll see some "buckets" with more packets.

You may want to try a different load balancing scheme as outlined here:
https://www.bro.org/sphinx/components/broctl/README.html#pfringclustertype