[Bro] bro cluster in containers

Poore, Jeffrey S jeffrey.s.poore at bankofamerica.com
Mon Jun 4 08:06:03 PDT 2018

Ø  I think Justin just answered this question — the orchestration would handle the broctl/bro management things. So no, there is no need to update the cluster manager. There is no need for broctl. If I’m understanding Justin correctly, I believe you would need to figure out all the command line options to pass to the bro binaries. I don’t think that would be too hard if you have an example bro cluster to look at.

Well, I understand the orchestration is taking care of keeping all the instances up, but there is some communication between them, and so they have to know where to send the packets. That’s why things like Mesos use Zookeeper. I didn’t know if Bro clusters had something similar. I have an idea about how to write my own if it comes to that (and I’m pretty sure that when I actually start clustering things, I’ll understand what to do better).

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.