[Bro] Another assist with Bro and Splunk

Brandon Glaze bglaze at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:27:57 PDT 2018

I have had a few open tickets with Splunk to update the Bro-IDS Splunk app,
but to no avail. PacketSled, a Bro based security tool, has alluded to the
fact that they plan to publish an open source based Bro Splunk App. I also
wanted to say that if you use the intel framework on Bro, you will have to
add your own props and transforms entries, but there are some out on the
internet others have done. I did a lot of work getting Bro logs into Azure
HDInsight (Microsoft Hadoop), but am have only done the basics on writing
extractions for Bro in Splunk. Thankfully the tab based delimiters make
field extraction relatively painless in search time field extractions in
Splunk.

Good luck, and maybe we can all find a place to share our Splunk files to
help others...

Brandon Glaze
bglaze at gmail.com

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way."
- General George Patton Jr