[Bro] About the question that Bro will lost the logs every time When execute ”bro -r xxx.pcap"

Bowen Li newfire.bw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:00:59 PDT 2018

Hi 军波,
    I think bro just truncate the log file, Ascii::DoInit function in file
/logging/writers/ascii/Ascii.cc open log file in 'O_WRONLY | O_CREAT |
O_TRUNC' mode,so if you want to append logs, maybe you need to change 'O_TRUNC'
to 'O_APPEND'.
    I have not verified this method, hope this will help you.

Bowen Li

彭军波 <pengjunbo at 1218.com.cn> 于2018年6月13日周三 上午9:27写道: