[Bro] Finding Golden Tickets in Kerberos Logs

Patrick Kelley pkelley at hyperionavenue.com
Mon Mar 5 11:32:30 PST 2018

If it helps, when I was recreating the attacks in MetaSploit, EMPIRE, and
on engagements, I noticed following:

  /DRSGetNCChanges.*/
  |/DRSCrackNames.*/

event dce_rpc_request(c: connection, fid: count, opnum: count, stub_len:
count) &priority=5

When I observe that sort of traffic, not associated to a known AD
controller, I use it as the IOC. I'm sure there is a far better way, but
that's my initial stab.

If you want a link to my detection script, I'll share it.