[Bro] filebeat +elk

Patrick Kelley patrick.kelley at criticalpathsecurity.com
Wed Mar 28 12:25:37 PDT 2018

I've had some issues as you described with Logstash. About the same EPS.  I
moved away from Filebeat some time ago. Unrelated issues.

Kafka has worked quite well. I recommend the Apache Metron.

https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-sensors/bro-plugin-kafka/index.html

bro -N should output the following:

Apache::Kafka (dynamic, version 0.2)

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Blake Moss <blake_moss at byu.edu> wrote:

> On this subject, We’ve had issues with both filebeats and logstash reading
> logs (written to files) once events per second reaches upwards of 3k. We
> are currently looking into using the bro kafka plugin. Has anyone else had
> issues with logstash or filebeats bottlenecking?

*Patrick Kelley, CISSP, C|EH, ITIL*
*CTO*
patrick.kelley at criticalpathsecurity.com
(o) 770-224-6482