[Bro] filebeat +elk

Philip Romero promero at cenic.org
Wed Mar 28 13:57:54 PDT 2018

Erik,

We are using filebeat to feed our bro 2.5.3 logs into logstash for a
small 5 node elastic stack cluster. We're running elastic 6.0.x
currently and are in the process of upgrading to 6.2. This is just a
staring point for us and it seems to be working well. We're not doing
any json output from bro, but the native file format with logstash side
processing is working fine. Below are the files I'm currently feeding
into elastic.

/<bro-path>/logs/current/capture_loss.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/conn.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/dns.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/files.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/ftp.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/http.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/intel.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/notice.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/radius.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/smb_file.logs
/<bro-path>/logs/current/smb_mapping.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/smtp.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/software.log
/<bro-path>/logs/current/ssh.log

--