[Bro] Bro and Splunk forwarder

william de ping bill.de.ping at gmail.com
Sun May 6 23:06:41 PDT 2018

Hi there,

I have encountered this issue, it seems to be related to inputs.conf
if splunk UF is set to batch:// the directory of spool/manager, then it
will delete the files it sees after processing them.
meaning you could get a race condition between splunk UF and bro, since bro
will try to move the file after a certain interval and gzip them.
you should use monitor:// instead of batch:// in inputs.conf