[Bro] ascii logger: unexpected modification to default_rotation_postprocessor_cmd and default_rotation_date_format during runtime

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Tue May 15 11:59:10 PDT 2018

On 15 May 2018, at 6:28, Frank Meier wrote:

> I noticed a strange behavior: my bro 2.5.3 running on Linux for about
> 15
> days suddenly "forgot" my settings for
> Log::default_rotation_postprocessor_cmd and

This has been a long standing bug that only ever seems to express itself
on heavily loaded systems but generally seems to be somewhat rare.  We
haven't been able to find the exact bug yet, but some of us have known
about it for quite a while.  It would help if we could reproduce it
reliably, but I suspect that in order to reproduce it we need to fully
understand it first. :)

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com