[Bro] Getting a Broctl Stack Trace

Mike M turbidtarantula at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:51:35 PDT 2018

I'm having an issue with broctl crashing when I try to run it on Alpine
Linux. I mentioned it previously [1] but I'm circling back around to try to
get it resolved. I've built it with the appropriate patches [2] but broctl
is still reporting "crashed" state when I checks the status after starting
it. The bro binary itself runs fine.

What do I need to do to collect a stack trace from broctl to determine the
root cause?

Bro is built in debug mode and I set "ulimit -c unlimited" per the
instructions on reporting problems. I see a
/usr/local/bro/spool/tmp/post-terminate-standalone-2018-11-02-02-56-06-13765-crash
directory but there's no core dump anywhere obvious. The .crash-diag.out
file says "No core file found" and doesn't provide any useful information
about the cause of the crash.

Thanks,
Mike

[1]