[Bro] Script conversion to 2.6.2

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:56:53 PST 2018

While not quite providing the answer to your question, this might help a bit.

https://github.com/bro/bro/blob/master/NEWS

It tells me that there is a script
"policy/protocols/dhcp/deprecated_events.bro" that can bring back your
old events back from the new dhcp_message() only.

You might take a look at what it does and how it constructs the
dhcp_ack from the dhcp_message()

It takes the dhcp_message(c: connection, is_orig: bool, msg:
DHCP::Msg, options: DHCP::Options)

checks for the type of the DHCP message

switch ( DHCP::message_types[msg$m_type] )
case "ACK":

calls an artificially built event - event dhcp_ack(c, old_msg, sm,
routers, le, sa, hn)

This should get you started. Welcome to the community, please come
back and ask more questions.