[Bro] Integrate Bro with network controller

Mohammed Alshaboti alshaboti.it at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:40:09 PST 2018

Hi,
I am working on integrating Bro with Faucet (an SDN controller that use ACL
file to push OpenFlow rules to switches).

My question is what is the ideal way to do that?
Do I have to create netcontrol plugin for that, and can the plugin read and
modify the ACL file  (faucet ACL file)?
or
Should I just use the netcontrol broker to communicate with an external
python client like (https://github.com/bro/bro-netcontrol/tree/master/test
).

Another general question, what is the main purpose of the
netcontrol plugin?
Is it to add extra functionality within Bro, or to connect provide
integration with external systems.

Thank you,
Mohammed