[Bro] Bro 2.6 beta feedback?

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Tue Oct 2 17:52:00 PDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 7:28 PM Johanna Amann <johanna at icir.org> wrote:

> I am not sure that that will help - setting an rpath in packaged
> binaries is typically at least discouraged. We actually also don’t do
> it in the packages that we do (or will) ship.

For local installs where we only ever intend to load libraries that
were a part of the same build, it seems reasonable to have an RPATH.

For binary packages, I agree that it's not as good an idea, and that's
what the `configure --binary-package` flag was meant to help with: it
disables setting of RPATH instead of doing what normally happens in
cmake/SetupRPATH.cmake

- Jon