[Bro] DNSSEC Support

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:23:00 PDT 2018

>Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 20:21:39 -0400
>From: Dave Crawford <bro at pingtrip.com>
>Subject: [Bro] DNSSEC Support
>To: bro <bro at bro.org>
>
>It doesn't appear that there is full support for DNSSEC RR types in the
current release and I'm  >looking for the best option in the meantime.

>  For example, answers that include RRSIG's will produce a vector similar
to ["192.168.1.1","  >   <unknown type=46>"] with a corresponding event in
weird.log of "DNS_RR_unknown_type".

>  In protocols/dns/consts.bro I see type 46 is included in the query_type
map but based on the  >variable name I assume its not applied to answers?

>  -Dave

Hi Dave,

There were some recent commits done to support these DNSSEC RR types
parsing in Bro: RRSIG, DNSKEY, DS, NSEC, NSEC3.

If you want to give it a try, it's available in dev/2.7 branch or a forked
branch from 2.5.4 at following:
https://github.com/fatemabw/bro/tree/master   (bro 2.5.4 with dnssec)
https://github.com/bro/bro/tree/dev/2.7

Apologies for the delay.