[Bro] Meaning of Various Acronyms in State Field of Packet

Lionel Levy lionellevy25 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:17:42 PDT 2018

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I was looking at the UNSW-NB15 Network
Data Set within a journal article titled "UNSW-NB15: a comprehensive data
set for network intrusion detection systems (UNSW-NB15 network data set)."

According to the paper, there are some matched features for both Argus and
Bro-IDS tools.  One of these features is called "state", and is described
as the state and its dependent protocol, e.g. ACC, CLO.    Maybe the
authors made a mistake in the paper and this feature is only generated by
Argus.  Or maybe I am misinterpreting what the authors meant to convey.

Regards,

Lionel