[Bro] Running Bro on Alpine

Mike M turbidtarantula at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:23:40 PDT 2018

Daniel,

Thanks for the help. I rebuilt bro with those patches (although they look
identical to the ones I referenced earlier), making sure to grab all the
dependencies listed in the docker file.

I'm still seeing broctl report that bro crashed. However, what I failed to
notice before is that there are actually several bro processes running and
bro is still producing logs even when broctl report it has crashed.

I suppose I could roll my own scripts to start and stop bro, but I'd prefer
to actually get broctl working on alpine. Any ideas as to why it's
reporting inaccurate information?

thanks,
Mike