[Zeek] NIC benchmarks and selection criteria

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 04:49:55 PDT 2019

What’s your expected throughput? For anything from 1Gbit up just use Intel X710 based cards.

The Suricata running guide we wrote a while ago applies to Zeek as well.

https://github.com/pevma/SEPTun

https://github.com/pevma/SEPTun-Mark-II

Gone are the days of Myricoms, etc. It’s rather unlikely you will need dedicated capture cards either.