[Zeek] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Kafka plugin causes logger to segfault

Weasel, Gary W CIV DISA RE (US) gary.w.weasel2.civ at mail.mil
Tue Apr 23 13:16:43 PDT 2019

That was a typo when copying over into the email.  It's a colon in the actual config.

I'm running bro 2.6.1.

It turns out there was something wrong with the Kafka pipeline, and after we resolved those issues, the logger stopped crashing with the confluent version of librdkafka, but still crashes immediately with the regular version (the version prescribed by zeek packages).

v/r
Gary