[Zeek] Help with zeek script

Manju Lalwani manju.atri87 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 03:47:50 PDT 2019

Hi Team,

I am working on a Zeek  script and would like to understand how can I make
Zeek look only for the first ten packets in a tcp session.The first ten
packets are enough to fingerprint the traffic I am trying to identify and
so would to ensure my script also looks at only the first 10 packets to
save processing time.

The communication is as follows :

There is the initial 3 way handshake and then there are 7 packets with
variable lengths and on a non-default destination port/service. So I had to
use the tcp_packet event in my script. Is there a better way of doing it ?
Using tcp_packet would make my script to check for all tcp packets
increasing the load on my zeek system.

Please do let me know if you have any suggestions for me on this. Looking
forward to your response.

Thanks,
Manju Lalwani