[Zeek] Bro -r using multiple PCAP

Justin Azoff justin at corelight.com
Mon Apr 29 15:15:05 PDT 2019

You can specify -r multiple times.  Something like

import subprocess
import glob

cmd = ["bro"]

for f in glob.glob("*.pcap"):
    cmd.extend(["-r", f])

subprocess.call(cmd)

will work to a point.  Eventually you will hit ARG_MAX with enough
files. but for a few dozen this works fine.  For more, something like
https://github.com/assafmo/joincap could be better.

I outlined a good way to do this as an input plugin a while back as
well: http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/zeek/2017-July/012355.html

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 5:06 PM David Decker <x.faith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking to see if anyone has created a script, or if this is an argument to process multiple PCAPS using the bro -r argument.
>
> I have it setup to output to JSON currently and change from EPOCH time to normal date/time output, but that is one at a time, and will have multiple.
>
> Looking at either a batch script of maybe python but wanted to see if anyone has done this bfore.
> (Reingest multiple old PCAP files) to get re-ingested.
>
> Dave

Justin