[Zeek] Running Script in a Cluster

Joseph Kvedaras jokvedaras at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 06:38:48 PDT 2019

Hey,

I'm working with Zeek scripts and I am running in an issue getting my
script to execute when zeek is running as a cluster.  The script executes
when I start zeek w/ a pcap file.  The script executes when I start zeek on
the command line, bind to the interface, and playback that pcap.  The
script does not execute when I start zeek as cluster and playback the pcap
file.  Other scripts, like 'extract-all-files.bro'  run all 3 ways but in
the cluster, will not write my added print outs to the stdout file in
cluster mode.  I have also confirmed that my scripts are being loaded by
the logging module when I run "zeekctl diag".  I feel like I'm missing
something.  Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks