[Zeek] OS fingerprinting Status

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at es.net
Tue Aug 27 07:01:36 PDT 2019

Hi,

Yes, the p0f method has been retired since it was unreliable and, frankly,
wasn't taking advantage of Zeek's feature set.

There are some scripts that offer similar functionality, but which should
be much more reliable, for example:

https://github.com/zeek/zeek/blob/master/scripts/policy/frameworks/software/windows-version-detection.zeek
https://github.com/fatemabw/bro-scripts/blob/master/iPhone-detection.bro
https://github.com/fatemabw/bro-scripts/blob/master/Mac-version-detection.bro