[Zeek] Noticing "SumStat key request for the.." in reporter.log Zeek 3.0

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:00:16 PST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded our external zeek cluster right before ThanksGiving to zeek 3.0,
and have started noticing a fair amount of following warnings in
reporter.log file:

"SumStat key request for the 7PJNSqZOUs8 SumStat uid took longer than 1
minute and was automatically cancelled."

Also, interesting thing is that after the upgrade, generation of
software.log file has become pretty sporadic (no software.log file for last
one week)..

Anyone else noticing this behavior? Any thoughts? Something needs to get
back ported for software.log to work correctly again in zeek 3.0?

Thanks!
Fatema