[Zeek] Error with zeekctl netstats command

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Wed Dec 11 04:42:16 PST 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 3:32 AM Jorge Garcia Rodriguez <jgarciar at sia.es> wrote:

> Im facing the next error whenever I try to use the command “zeekctl netstats” to check the packets dropped.
>
> worker-1-1: <error: Python bindings for Broker: No module named ipaddress>
>
> And this with every other worker in 2 of 4 zeeks that we have deployed.

The nodes with that error are using Python 2 and don't have the
required "ipaddress" backport from Python 3 installed (distros in the
RHEL or Debian families usually call their package
"python-ipaddress").

The nodes without that error are either using Python 2 and do have
"ipaddress" or are already using Python 3.

Aligning all nodes to use Python 3 is the ideal path since Python 2 is
EOL in ~20 days (Jan. 1).

- Jon