[Zeek] Bro 2.5/2.6 on FIPS-enabled Host

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Feb 5 02:01:31 PST 2019

Hi Stephen,

a pull request about this was actually just merged; see
https://github.com/zeek/zeek/pull/232 and
https://github.com/zeek/zeek/pull/255.

This will be in the 2.7 version once it is released. For 2.6 and
earlier, the easiest is probably to set the magic “MD5 is allowed”
environment variable that most distributions that I know offer and to
note in your security policy that this is ok because Zeek does not use
MD5 for security, only to output hash information.

Johanna