[Zeek] MAC Address In Logs

TQ nothinrandom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:14:45 PST 2019

I did install bro using "sudo ./configure && sudo make && sudo make
install", but still no MAC address unless I force loading like you
suggested.  I have a special use case where I need MAC address on every
single custom script log, so I peeked into
/usr/local/bro/share/bro/policy/protocols/conn/mac-logging.bro and noticed
that I just needed to add these into the record:

## Link-layer address of the originator, if available.
orig_l2_addr: string &log &optional;
## Link-layer address of the responder, if available.
resp_l2_addr: string &log &optional;

and these into the events:
if ( c$orig?$l2_addr )
c$conn$orig_l2_addr = c$orig$l2_addr;

if ( c$resp?$l2_addr )
c$conn$resp_l2_addr = c$resp$l2_addr;

Everything is working great now.  Thanks all for the help!