[Zeek] configuring base option default values and ftp log

Ambros Novak ambros.novak.89 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:01:12 PST 2019

Hello!

Two separate questions:

1) How do you configure an option in ./base/ in site/local.bro? For example
"base/protocols/ftp/info.bro:11: option default_capture_password = F;"
would like that to be set to T but don't want to change it in a ./base/
file.

2) I see FTP traffic in connection log but there is no ftp.log generated.
Must this be turned on.

3) Lastly (and sneaky third question), I am extracting all files types. I
can extract the file via HTTP but am unable to extract the same over FTP.
Must this be turned on for FTP and IRC?

Thank you very much for the help.