[Zeek] Query reagrding Bro Ids

Manoj Petshali manoj.petshali at paytm.com
Thu Jul 11 21:51:19 PDT 2019

Hi Team,

I am very eager about the Bro and need to know below information :

-We are working in india's biggest transactional system and facing many
issues e.g.

: if some user request is coming from pubic or private network (Internal
request) and traverses across many servers and if user receives timeout (
e.g. connection time out, read time out ,rst etc) then we need to know the
deep analysis of the same means :

: Why/where the request timed out ?
: Upto which hop the request travelled?
: Network latency between these hopes to know if the latency is the issue?
: tcp handshake and ssl handshake latency and the reason for the same?
: Applicatency latency ?  means if the network latency is fine

We searched on wen and got feeling that the Bro is more oriented toward
security and do deep packe inspection.But we have many problems like above
to resolve .May you please let us know that how Bro can help us to resolve
above issues?

Thanks
Manoj Petshali
Sr. Manager - Payments Engineering