[Zeek] gre capture filter

Dk Jack dnj0496 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:43:01 PDT 2019

Hi,
I am trying to write a capture filter to filter GRE traffic based on the
inside IP of a GRE packet. Based on the advice given in the link below:

http://novalidhostsfound.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-filter-ip-addresses-inside-gre.html

I wrote my capture filter (see at end of the email). With the capture
filter, I am getting the following error:

"Invalid capture_filter named 'inside_ip' - 'proto gre and
(ip[50:4]=0xac1c0203 or ip[54:4]=0xac1c0203)'"

when I use the same filter with tcpdump i.e. 'tcpdump -r <pcap-file>
<filter', it doesn't produce any output. However, it doesn't complain about
the filter being incorrect either. I've attached the pcap I am using. Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Dk.

redef capture_filters += {
       ["inside_ip"] = "proto gre and (ip[50:4]=0xac1c0203 or
ip[54:4]=0xac1c0203)"
};

event bro_init()
{