[Zeek] non_ip_packet_in_ethernet on a TCP three way handshake

Hui Lin (Hugo) hlin33 at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 24 14:00:20 PDT 2019

Hi Johanna,

A little bit more debug that I did.

I catch the trace through wireshark; the wireshark shows no errors on this
three way handshake.

I used the original trace that has the LLDP packet as the first packet, the
same warning is still generated on the first packet.

I am not sure what triggers the error in Bro.

Thanks a lot and best,

Hui Lin