[Zeek] Can Zeek be installed as in-line IPS?

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Mon Mar 18 10:02:20 PDT 2019

On 18 Mar 2019, at 11:30, Patrick Kelley wrote:

> I still see the same issues we had on networks 10 years ago. It is
> reduced, due to HTTPS and some SMTP, sure.  Dead... not really.

To be fair, he did say IPS.  In my opinion IPS has always been in a
weird spot where the definition isn't terribly clear (block a single
packet in-flight?  block a connection after a determination is made?
...etc).

I think everyone here will agree that the visibility provided by Zeek is
useful even on modern networks and that tail of completely unencrypted
traffic is awfully long. :)

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com