[Zeek] Request for Feedback - Zeek Process Supervision Model

Zander Work zander.work at oregonstate.edu
Tue Mar 19 08:31:23 PDT 2019

This would be awesome to have, especially in a cluster environment.
Testing new scripts before we push them to production is a bit
challenging sometimes, so being able to reliably and repeatably test
them in a clustered environment would be awesome.

Another thing that wasn't mentioned in the blog post that I want to make
sure makes it into the new process is something like "broctl cron". It
does a great job of restarting processes when they crash, but also
monitoring disk usage and other potential issues for us, which is
helpful in ensuring the stability of our cluster. I see the "revive
zombie nodes" piece in the Google Doc, which covers the first bit, but
other host-level monitoring/alerting components would be nice to see in
the new process.

-Zander