[Zeek] Request for Feedback - Zeek Process Supervision Model

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 00:49:20 PDT 2019

Thanks a lot for doing this. Those who don't want to replace broctl shall
do a triple back salto. No one? I see.

I have only one request so far, still reading the proposal. Can we make
sure that we support a configuration where in a stable state (after
initialization has been done) there is only one worker process per core,
without all those run-bro scripts and the like?

1 process per core = timer ticking disabled = trips to kernel and back
minimized, no partial cache flushing, no partial TLB flushing and higher
performance.