[Zeek] Projected Throughput

Brett Warrick Brett.Warrick at sensato.co
Tue Mar 26 14:43:10 PDT 2019

I've built a 1U box (Xeon Bronze-3104 / 16 GB RAM / 10GBase-T ports with Intel X557) and I'm wondering if it's able to manage a certain level of traffic; in this case, a sustained daily rate of 10MBps, spiking at 15MBps (please note, MBps, not Mbps - I know I could easily handle a sustained 15 Mbps). I'll be analyzing traffic on a large corporate network. What do you think? Is it underpowered? Way overboard? Any best guesses about the max level of throughput it could handle?

Thanks in advance for your time and your thoughts!

BJW