[Zeek] Using "dbl" instead of "num" in SumStats

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Mon May 6 09:16:02 PDT 2019

Hi Hugo:

<snip>
May I suggest a few things in SumStats? Maybe I missed something, I don't
know how to directly obtain the number of data recorded in SumStats, so I
need to declare another global variable to record that. It will be useful
that we can directly know how many data are recorded by far. The reason
that I need the number of records is to calculate the 95% or 99% confidence
interval. It will be great that we can include them directly in SumStats as
well.
<snip>

Each result record returned to epoch_result has a 'num' field, which is a
count of the number of observations that made up that result - is that what
you're looking for?  If you're looking for a grand total of observations, I
suppose they could be totalled up from the result records.

Take care,

JIm