[Zeek] Using "dbl" instead of "num" in SumStats

Hui Lin (Hugo) hlin33 at illinois.edu
Mon May 6 11:53:18 PDT 2019

Hi Jim,

I think that I finally got it. The code is correct. But my interpretation
is not. I think whatever calculation that we apply on observation, e.g.,
average, sum, is for the data collected within that epoch only. So 'num'
field is the total number of observation within that period while I record
the accumulated total number of observation by far. Originally, I don't
like it as I think that it will be convenient for me to have statistics on
all data. However, it does give me some benefits. As I am using very
low-end computers and switches for experiments, I can easily tell when the
network becomes stable, e.g., having less packet loss, based on the RTT in
each epoch.

P.S. as I am working as a faculty now and I have included Bro in my
teaching, I think that SumStats is suitable for a class project as well.

Best regards,

Hui Lin