[Zeek] Results of the Slack Poll and Next Steps

Amber Graner akgraner at corelight.com
Wed Nov 6 07:18:55 PST 2019

Hi all,

I wanted to give you all an update from the slack poll results and say,
"THANK YOU" to  everyone who took time to participate.

As most of you are aware once the poll started several folks came forward
with an alternate suggestions, because of that, there will be a series of
presentations on Slack, Matrix, and Discourse.  (I'll go back through the
email thread and make sure I haven't missed another solution.)

We'll do this in a public video call that will be recorded and shared for
those who can't watch in real time.  Then we'll have one more poll.  This
is to ensure that everyone has a voice and gets a chance to present their
ideas to the community.

We're working out the date for the public presentations and will post that
as soon as possible.

For those who answered "yes' to question 3 and shared your information on
the Slack Poll, I'll be following up with you all next week.

Thank you so much for patience and input as we work through some new
processes and new opportunities to participate.

Below are the results of the Slack only poll:

======Begin Results=========
Slack Poll Results: 92 responses:

Q1: Would you use an Official Zeek Community Slack Channel?
Answers: Skipped: 1
                     Yes: 73
*                      No: 18*
                   Total: 92

Q2: Would having an Official Zeek Community Slack Channel enable or
encourage more Zeek Community participation?
Answers: Skipped: 1
                     Yes: 75
*                      No: 16*
                   Total: 92

Q3: If an Official Zeek Community Slack channel was made available would
you be willing to be an admin for the channel?
Answers: Skipped: 1
                     Yes: 23
*                      No: 68*
                   Total: 92

Q4: If you answered, yes, to being willing to admin an Official Zeek
Community Slack Channel, please give your contact information.  Amber
Graner, Zeek Community Director will be reaching out.
Answers: Skipped: 68
*             Answered: 24*
                     Total: 92

======End Results=========

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,
~Amber

--

*Amber Graner*
Director of Community

828.582.9469

 * Ask me about how you can participate in the Zeek (formerly Bro)
community.
 * Remember - ZEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND!!