[Zeek] Zeek Compling

Dominik Charousset dominik.charousset at corelight.com
Fri Nov 15 07:12:41 PST 2019

> Thanks Dominik.. I installed cmake3 but that has a dependency of gcc7.2.0 above which I installed but when I compile Zeek it is complaining gcc should be 7.0 above

By default, CMake picks up the system compiler, which is too old. If you’ve installed the devtoolkit then you can either enable it using "scl enable devtoolset-7 bash” or you can point CMake to the right compiler, e.g., by setting the CXX environment variable (for the configure script) or invoking CMake manually with -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=<path>.