[Zeek] Errors installing af_packet-plugin

Mark Gardner mkg at vt.edu
Wed Oct 23 08:05:07 PDT 2019

I installed Zeek 2.6.4 for Debian 10 following the instructions for adding
the repo and manually installing the package. Next, I attempted to "bro-pkg
install bro-af_package-plugin" and received an error message
in bro-af_packet-plugin-build.log (see below). I have been unsuccessful in
searching for information online to help me solve the problem. What should
I be doing?

Note: the kernel header package for the running kernel
(4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64) is installed. No idea why cmake can't find them.

Mark

=== STDERR ===
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    BroPlugin

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindKernelHeaders.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "KernelHeaders", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KernelHeaders"
  with any of the following names:

    KernelHeadersConfig.cmake
    kernelheaders-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KernelHeaders" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "KernelHeaders_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "KernelHeaders" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
  has been installed.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:22 (message):
  Kernel headers not found.