[Zeek] Decreasing Log Cycle Time

Eric Ooi ericooi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:36:52 PDT 2019

Hi Michael,

You should be able to do this by changing the “LogRotationInterval” variable in /opt/bro/etc/broctl.cfg (assuming you installed bro in /opt/).  By default it’s set to 3600 seconds (1 hour), so setting this to 300 should change this to 5 minutes.  You’ll then have to stop Bro (broctl stop) and redeploy (broctl deploy) for the changes to take effect.

Hope that helps!
Eric
ericooi.com