[Zeek] Zeek and myricom NICs

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Wed Sep 11 06:36:22 PDT 2019

On 11 Sep 2019, at 6:43, Palumbo Mauro wrote:

>   quick question: is the bro-myricon plugin (by Seth) still necessary
> when using myricom nics with Zeek?  I know with pf_ring this is not
> the case anymore since bro can be directly linked to a modified
> pf_ring libpcap and I was wondering if this is the case for myricom
> too.

There are some advantages to using the Myricom plugin directly.
Generally in my opinion I've been trying to avoid libpcap wrappers for
quite a few years now because of various quality issues associated with
several of them that I've experienced.  There tends to be API
functionality that you don't have an opportunity to take advantage of
with a pcap wrapper too.

To some degree this is personal preference though.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com