[Zeek] Segmentation Fault on Zeek 3.0.0

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Fri Sep 27 17:15:58 PDT 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:47 AM TQ <nothinrandom at gmail.com> wrote:

> cd ~/Desktop/logs/ && sudo rm -f *.log && zeek -C -t ~/Desktop/logs/output.log -r ~/Desktop/pcap/ testPlugin1_pcap_1.pcapng

The `-t` option isn't commonly used and could see it accidentally
breaking without anyone noticing.  It does still seem to work for me,
but you might try removing it to see if it makes a difference.

But the best thing would be if you can provide the full directions to
be able to reproduce the segfault -- e.g. the plugin/script code along
with pcap and command-line you're using.

If you can't share those, then next best thing would be if you can run
in a debugger (gdb, lldb) and share a stack trace of the segfault.

- Jon