[Zeek] Method to detect tcp urgent flag

Tyrone Smith tyrone at udel.edu
Wed Apr 1 09:39:07 PDT 2020

Hi,

First time posting. Links to documentation and RTM comments are welcome

Is there an easy method to trigger an event based on the TCP urgent flag?
I am looking at Zeek::TCP tcp_packet but it is listed as a low level and
noisy event.  I'd like to setup something that leverages Zeek instead of a
separate tcpdump.  I'd like to use connection events  but I do not see an
easy way to detect if the urgent flag is set.

If anyone has ideas/solutions better than tcp_packet or tcpdump, I'd love
to get that feedback.  Thanks.

Tyrone Smith
University of Delaware
Security Operations