[Zeek] "bro-cluster-in-a-box-setup" to "zeek-cluster-in-a-box-setup"?

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:12:53 PST 2020

There's a law that if you say pf_ring and af_packet 3 times, Michal shows
up.

I don't see many (any?) reasons for using pf_ring, TBH, if you have a
modern kernel or a decent network card (Mellanox, Intel, etc). And I still
owe the community the article to show how to use the af_packet correctly :/

The case where one has inputs from multiple taps, to multiple network ports
will be handled the same way by af_packet, if interfaces are bonded or
bridged and by pf_ring. None of them buffers data and processes them at L4
and deals with out of order, etc.