[Zeek] "bro-cluster-in-a-box-setup" to "zeek-cluster-in-a-box-setup"?

Mark Buchanan mabuchan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:38:45 PST 2020

Somewhat of a tangent, but did af_packet in CentOS/RHEL 7 kernels ever solve the distribution of packets across multiple bro/zeek processes when observing IPv6 traffic?

I observed an issue a while back where when watching traffic on an interface (bonded or not) with multiple bro/zeek processes, that all processes would see the IPv6 traffic, vice only one process.  IPv4 worked properly, but any network with IPv6 had some nasty logs because of duplication.

--
Mark Buchanan