[Zeek] "bro-cluster-in-a-box-setup" to "zeek-cluster-in-a-box-setup"?

Andrew Klaus andrew at aklaus.ca
Wed Feb 5 15:49:11 PST 2020

Hi Michal,

We're working with Zeek on the same project as Paul and have opted to use
Zeek within a Docker container since it works better for our workflow. It's
my first time using AF_PACKET, so it would be nice to have a second set of
eyes from you on it if you don't mind :)

I've bridged all interfaces that need to be analyzed:
https://github.com/cybera/jsp-zeek/blob/master/host/60-zeek-bridge.yaml

Then I've disabled hardware features on the NIC, which is done on each
boot: https://github.com/cybera/jsp-zeek/blob/master/host/ethtool.sh

Using "interface=af_packet::br0", and pinning CPUs for the workers,
manager, and proxy:
https://github.com/cybera/jsp-zeek/blob/master/docker/files/etc/node.cfg

We don't have a ton of traffic being analyzed yet, but want to make sure we
have a decent setup for when we start ingesting more data. I've pieced this
together from various Zeek articles I've read, so hopefully it's not too
much of a Frankenstein's Monster ;)

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Andrew