[Zeek] zeekctl netstats returns time out

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Sat Feb 15 09:57:27 PST 2020

Zeek 3.0.1's `zeekctl netstats` is working for me in FreeBSD 12.1.
TCP connectivity is required for that command to work and you can read
more about the ports involved for further troubleshooting here:

    https://github.com/zeek/zeekctl#zeek-communication

If the Zeek processes are particularly busy, that could also be a
reason for timing out.  The `CommTimeout` (default 10 seconds) can be
increased in `zeekctl.cfg` in that case.

- Jon